Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Treasure


This morning as I sat down to read my Bible, a little scrap of paper fell out with a few notes I had scribbled related to the topic of the blessings that can be "mined" from the darkness of tribulations in life.  I have recently been in contact with several friends who are going through pressing times in their life and feeling the strain physically, emotionally and spiritually; hence, this blog is particularly for those in the winepress where life is bearing down hard and emotional stamina is waning.

The first "treasure"  listed on my scrappy piece of paper was refined faith.  How I wish there were an inoculation that could be given to those who are being tried by fire to boost their faith, but God's design is that we walk through it allowing the fire to remove the dross by stripping away self sufficiency, greed and unbelief.  God's discipline is never pleasant at the time, but after a while the treasure comes shining forth as pure gold.  What pleases God more than anything else is faith and there is nothing more disdaining to Him than unbelief.  When we display faith in times of trouble, our lives demonstrate the greatest expression of His power working through us to accomplish His will--to make us people of faith.  We shine greater and our witness is never more powerful than when we are in the fire.

Second on my list of "treasures" was humility which leads to submission.  When the building blocks of my self esteem are ripped out from under me and I find myself faltering in my identity, this is the perfect time for me to surrender my self completely to God and wrap my identity around who I am in Christ rather than the things the world says I need to be in order to prop myself up in some way so that I can feel secure.  Humility is built on grace not performance and in times when I stop performing, whether by choice or circumstance, I can learn to walk in grace.

Appreciation for God's Word is another treasure that evolves as I walk through dark times.  The Word of God is living and active and able to supernaturally heal my soul.  Psalm 119 speaks of a gamut of emotions and circumstances where the Word of God brings blessing and hope to the psalmist.  We have become a society that seeks counsel and refuge from human source and that can be beneficial, but the Word of God is supernatural and able to do so much more than the wisdom of man.  Psalm 25 says that the Lord will reveal His secrets to those who respect Him and seek Him through His Word.  When we turn to God's Word and seek answers from Him, He will give us fresh revelations of Himself through His Word that will strengthen us through difficulty and help us say like Habukkuk that the Lord is my strength--he makes my feet like the feet of a deer that walks in high places and does not stumble. (Habakkuk 3:18 & 19).

Refined faith, humility and a deeper appreciation and love for God's Word are three of the twelve treasures written on my little sheet of paper.  I will share more in days to come, but I hope that these three nuggets will remind you that these trials and temporary afflictions are working something so beautiful and great that it will be worth it...hold on to faith and don't lose sight of the prize.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, everyone! I,m here to explore blogs and forums about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS (HSV).
    I was positive about the deadly virus called HERPES and I lost hope because I was outcast and rejected even by my closet friends.
    I searched on-line to know an enquirer cure for HERPES and i read someone's testimony on how he was cured from HSV-2 so i decided to contact the same herbalist Called Dr JAMES because i know that nature has the power to heal everything.
    i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God!
    After 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 3 days!
    i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured!
    it's really like a dream but I am so happy!
    That's the reason I decided to also add more comments on Him so that more can be saved just like me!He also cures diseases such as Rectum effects, intestine damage, bowel obstruction, Ovarian disease, Cancer, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, Arthritis, Lyme disease,Hpv, Infections,Liver Disease, Autoimmune Diseases, Parkinson's disease,Lupus,Nephrology and Hypertension, Neurology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women's Health, Oncology, Pediatrics, Pulmonary, ACUTE MYELOFIBROSIS, ALZHEIMER's symptoms, BREAST CANCER, DIABETES, HAIR LOSS AND HAIR TREATMENT, KIDNEY DISEASES, LEUKEMIA, MYELOID LEUKEMIA, STEM CELL TREATMENT
    if you need his help, you can email OR What's App Him
    Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com
    https//drjamesherbalmix.wordpress.com
    whatsapp +2348152855846

    ReplyDelete